Affirmation of faith and purpose
We the members of Grace United Community church have committed ourselves to the service of god and the church. we will seek to grow and develop spiritually through a deeper prayer life, increased bible study and a true and sincere celebration of worship. by the grace of god, we will seek to nurture our spiritual commitment, sustain our daily living and maintain compassionate service within out congregation, community and the world. we will cause the light of Christ to shine and brighten our neighborhood and our world, so that all may know that Jesus Christ is lord of all.
1. That both Old and New Testaments constitute the divinely inspired word of God.
2. In one God existing eternally in three persons- the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. That Jesus Christ is the Only Begotten Son of God, conceived of the Holy Spirit, and was born of a the Virgin Mary. That Jesus became mean without ceasing to be God in order the he might reveal God and redeem sinful men.That Jesus was crucified, died, and was buried, and raised from the dead. That he ascended to heaven and is now at the right hand of the Father as our intercessor.
4. That the Holy Spirit came forth from the Father and the son to convict the world of sin, of righteousness and judgment: to make His disciples effective witnesses and to regenerate, sanctify, comfort and seal those who believe in Jesus Christ.
5. That man is depraved, in that of himself he is unable to remedy his lost condition.
6. That salvation is the gift of God brought to man by grace, and received through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ whose Atoning Blood was shed on the cross for the forgiveness of sins.
7. That God’s standard of living for his people is holiness, which is made possible through the enabling power of God.
8. In water baptism of those who believe in Jesus Christ, symbolizing the believer’s union in death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
9. In the observation of the Lord’s Supper commemorating the sacrifice of our Savior for all mankind.
10. That the life of the believer is to be separated from the world by consistent conduct before God, and to be the world, a life-giving light.
11. That divine physical and spiritual healing is possible through faith in Jesus Christ, which Jesus by His vicarious death provided for us in His Atonement.
12. In the personal Second Advent of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Grace United Community Church 901 NW, 183rd Street, Miami, Florida 33169 Tel:305-651-1446